Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Hunger Games : Movie

I've just finished watching the movie for The Hunger Games. I've watched it the first day the movie came out, and I've been wanting to watch it again, but couldn't download it until now.

For those of you who have read The Hunger Games book will probably think that this is not a very good movie, or not as good as the book. Well, that's what I think. The book was so good that I don't even think they can contain in a movie. If you haven't read, go read it. You won't regret it. I read the first book in 3 days. Which is very fast for me, because I'm a slow reader.
In the movie, they don't show the relationship between Rue and Katniss as well as the book did. The times Rue and Katniss spent together in the movie was so short, so when Rue died, it's not that sad. And in the book, the times Katniss and Gale spent together were so much more. In the movie, Gale only appears at a few scene, and the scenes only last for a few seconds. So, I was really disappointed at the movie when I saw it the first time. Could've been a lot better, but I don't blame them. The book is way longer than the movie, so they have to try to make the movie as short as possible, which is not an easy job.
Oh well, director Gary Ross is a good director. I've seen him in some of the interviews before, and I think he's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment